Tuesday 10 December 2013

Thank You!

Hello again.

Well, Fire & Ice has been on sale for a few weeks now and the main surprise of all is that people are actually buying it! That may sound a little silly, or modest, but it's my first effort and it's really hard to know what's going to happen, the moment your first book is published.

I'm so proud of it - I know it may not be absolutely perfect, but I also know that I've put my all into it. This is the book I wanted to write and I'm so, so proud that it's out there in the world!

It's even had some reviews - both on Amazon and Goodreads. And like pretty much everything else that exists, some people liked it and some people hated it. It was hard reading that vicious one-star Goodreads review (ouch!) but it was still kind of thrilling and exciting that the reviewer had any thoughts or reactions to my writing whatsoever.

I know not everyone's gonna like what I've written - sure, it's rather over the top, it's silly, it's not particularly realistic - but I love writing more than anything. The ability to explore my turn-ons, my kinks, the naughty, secret little corners of my imagination. And then to share that with the world! It still kind of blows my mind ...

Anyway, if you've bought Fire & Ice, if you've read it, if you've reviewed it, if you've just added it to your Goodreads to-read shelf: THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Kari x

p.s. As a final exciting development, I just this moment received an email telling me that right now, Fire & Ice is an All Romance Bestseller! (It's currently sitting at Number 13 on the ARe charts!) I can't quite believe it!

No comments:

Post a Comment